Branding is more important in 2020 than it ever has been. Local and national brands continue to reinvent their image and relevancy, maintain digital awareness, and streamline message consistency. This is even more and more relevant within the food truck industry. Food trucks are essentially mobile billboards and can see huge ROI with impactful graphics. As a food truck manufacturer, APEX Specialty Vehicles understands the importance of vehicle graphic design and wraps. APEX designs, engineers, builds, and applies graphics in-house. As we have seen over and over, a vehicle wrap is an effective form of advertising and ROI, so let's take a look at 2 Ways to Revamp Food Truck Branding.
According to crankycreative.com, graphics on a car, truck or trailer can generate between 30,000 and 70,000 impressions – or views – per day. As a builder of specialty marketing vehicles and custom food trucks/trailers, 98% of APEX clients utilize graphics to promote their brand, message or business. One of the most effective ways to revamp your food truck branding is to revitalize your truck graphics. A wrap can be designed and applied in the matter of hours, and can have a lasting impressions. Here are some tips to include in your design process:
1. Choose a design that is crisp, clear and clean. Less is more is the case here. People have less than 2 seconds to form an impression based on your wrap, so seeing a clear logo, message and understanding of what you're serving is key.
2. Keep the truck clean. Nobody wants to walk into a restaurant and see tables that are not cleaned off, floors with food all over, or a messy lobby area. Same as your mobile restaurant - keep it clean on the exterior and interior. Wash that truck! (See below for some tips on keeping your truck wrap clean!).
3. Include a website, social media contacts or a phone # for an easy way to search your business online. People want to know what you are serving, so having a visible website that has your latest menu is key.
How to Maintain Vehicle Wraps for Food Trucks
Similar to any paint finish, maintaining and caring for vehicle wraps should be part of your vehicle maintenance routine. For a longer-lasting wrap, you should wash your vehicle weekly, however if it is exposed to dirt or pollutants, you may want to wash it as needed throughout the week. Be sure to use a gentle automotive detergent with a sponge or soft cloth while washing the wrap. In addition, rinse the entire vehicle with clear water to get rid of any suds.
A question that is frequently asked is “can I take a wrapped vehicle into an automatic car wash”? The answer is technically yes, although hand washing the graphics is safer. However, depending on the brushes at the automatic car wash, they may cause peeling on the graphics, so that’s something to watch out for.
Another frequently asked question is about pressure washing your vehicle as part of maintaining and caring for vehicle wraps. According to https://multimedia.3m.com/mws/media/706037O/faq-caring-for-your-vehicle-graphics-wraps.pdf, pressure washing may be used under these conditions.
• Ensure the water pressure is kept below 2000 psi (14 MPa).
• Keep water temperature below 180 °F (80 °C).
• Use a spray nozzle with a 40 degree wide angle spray pattern.
• Keep the nozzle at least 1 foot (300 mm) away from and perpendicular (at 90 degrees) to the graphic
The second way of the 2 ways to revamp food truck branding is by featuring seasonal items. When a menu is constantly being revamped with seasonal ingredients, the food truck illustrates their commitment to quality ingredients.
- Plums and Pluots
- Snap Peas, Snow Peas, and Pea Pods
- Summer Squash
The above demonstrates 2 Ways to Revamp Food Truck Branding through reinvigorating graphics and revamping seasonal menu options.
Let's explore additional examples of graphic applications and projects in APEX's portfolio and gallery: https://www.apexspecialtyvehicles.com/portfolio/